Hello everybody, welcome to your Friday! I hope that you have had a great week seeing all of the little ways that God has brightened your days. Here’s some of the blessings I’ve noticed this past week.
1) Our First Responders
I’m thankful that God gives everyone different strengths and weaknesses. The things that I can’t do or can’t do well someone else exceeds at. I’m thankful that God knows that we need all sorts of different people to do all sorts of different things. Monday was 9/11. A day that to thousands not in the United States of America is just another day. To Americans it’s a day that we will never forget. It’s the day that we were attacked for being that light on a hill–that place of freedom. Each year on the anniversary we remember. We remember loved ones that died. Those that sacrificed so that others could be saved from the smoke and fire. And we remember that even in the worst tragedies God is there with us and won’t let us face these hard things alone. I am beyond thankful that there are those willing to run into the fires while others are fleeing. I’m thankful for the sacrifice that they and their families make day after day and year after year so that we can all be kept safe.
2) The Fall decorations are out!!
As many of you know I have been super excited and counting down the days until we can finally decorate for Fall. On Tuesday we pulled out all the decorations and put them around the house. We decided to decorate the outside Monday night because it was supposed to rain all day Tuesday. It didn’t take us long to put the decorations out but I LOVE it. The house looks all warm and cozy and festive. 🙂
3) THE BEAVER DAM IS GONE!!!
So remember earlier in the Spring when I mentioned the Beaver Dam and how we were working on getting rid of it? Well, good news! It’s GONE! I remember thinking that it would take us FOREVER to get rid of it but it really didn’t take that long. The days that we were outside cutting wood we would just pick up a pile of the Beaver Dam and throw it on the fire every so often. We even took down one of the smaller trees back in the corner.
As I think about the Beaver Dam being down I can think of three blessings–three things that I am thankful for.
- IT’S GONE! Now when we look out the sun room windows we don’t see a huge pile of sticks that need burned we can now dream and plan ways to use that space more effectively.
- Working together. It took all five of us working outside and working together to be able to finally get rid of it. Those memories of working together will last us a lifetime.
- Wood for Christmas. I know that it’s a little early to start thinking about Christmas but one of the things I have wanted to do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is to have logs burned in the fireplace instead of the 4x4s or slats. Now, I know that all wood burns and provides heat but I just think having logs in the fireplace for Christmas would be very old fashioned and pretty. Since we took down a tree from the back corner we have 2018’s Christmas wood. 🙂 We even found a few small pieces that were stuck in the Beaver Dam that we can use this year!
What are some of the blessings that you have noticed in your life this past week? I’d love for you to share them in the comments below! Have a great weekend!
Until next time,